101 in 1001… almost day zero (orig. written for an end date of nov 11th 2011) Started Feb 13th, 2009
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result
that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be
realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals
such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is
to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a
better period of time than a year, because it allows you several
seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and
timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture
that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the
opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
Once you have created your site, you can add it to the master listhere at Day Zero.
Here is my list. I will start on friday… Making it Feb. 13, 2009 and ending on Naov 11, 2011 (11-11-11).
1. Finish Blankets : Hunter Andrew, Jayde, Dani, Shay . Hunters is finished!! Just in time for christmas 2010 Andrews finished 6/16/2011
2. Finish Scrap Blankets ( 1/4) first one went to Stephen for Graduation 2/4 Tony’s graduation blanket
3. Finish MY Scarf that grows up into a blanket by making many many homespun scarves. I dont seem to know where its hiding.
4. Keep my plants alive.
5. Make a list of places I want to go and then visit at least one. Dont think I made a list, but Planning on going to Reno in July
6. Participate in something like the 365 project (a picture a day)
7. Karaoke in Milwaukee
8. Spend some time hanging out on the lakefront beaches or rocks. (5) It keeps happening. I dont think this will be a problem!
9. Get my friends from Iowa to get thier butts up here at least 2x. (1- aaron joe jess and jade were in town and hung out at the zoo, Dani Shay and the girls came up for Miley Cyrus concert/2)
10. Donate scarves (scrap blankets?) to a shelter.
11. Do something with the millions of plastic bags just hanging out in my cupboard. (3/21/09, Large Tote)(small tote)
12. Start up a rainy account or whatever that is… and put 5$ for each completed task.(0/505)
13. 10 photobooth pictures, with different people. (1/10)
Me and Andrew
14.Visit Green Bay 4-4-09
15 Visit Madison 09-06-09
16.Visit Chicago 10-18/19-09 Wilco
17. Watch 100 new to me movies (39/100)
18. Improve sewing skillz. (Learned how to hem pants -3-22-09) (3-29-09- im a monkey tote)
19. Get involved in Theatre again. Telemarketing at the Rep. dosent count.
20. Get a fancy camera. Purchaced with my tax return in feb or march
21. Get rid of 100 things. Not trash. (12/100)
22. Start putting stuff up on ShutterStock
23. Learn to cable knit.
24. Learn French.
25. Get a tattoo, either the personal one that I have worked up, or the “let it be” one that I have in mind.All three of us got memorial tattoos for our mother on feb 7th
26. Thrift shop. (woot, 13c records which i will melt into bowls)(Halloween costume for 5$)
27. Update Resume.
28. Make a Portfolio of my work.
29. Continue to win peoples choice contests at work ( 2 to complete task) (1/2) edited to update -event no longer occurs. But I just won one the other day… so there!!!
30. Read 10 books. (1/10)
31. Make Christmas stockings for at moms. supplies purchaced, started one…. Mom passed away, so this goal is postponed… altered… might not happen, especially as written 😦 </3
32. Teach mom to knit or crochet. she dosent want to… Cant really do that anymore anyways…
33. Be more comfortable as a photographer at JCPennys. May not get the chance at pennys, but in general I feel as If I am falling into that title very nicely. …Hired at the PictureMe Portrait studio… same thing only different….
34. Pick up a new hobby. Pool
35. Start a new Journal/Sketchbook. I have been making little 2×3 books that i carry around with me.
36. Road trip with no plan.
37. Be able to get my own GOOD car/van/truck
38. Be well on my way to living in a space in which I can have an office/studio Moms new house will have just the space for a studio. I am verry excited. Not gonna happen at moms… I have enough $ for a downpayment on a house!!! But my credit is so darn bad I wont get approved!
39. Be a vegatarian for a month, 3x. (0/3)
40. Reduce and phase out soda as primary source of liquid intake. Starting March 1st. exceptions would be mixed drinks and treats are allowed. (March 1-31. no soda. sips here and there rarely.) woot. 2-1-11 Cant remember the last time I really had soda, Its been almost a month without dark soda and a couple weeks without any~
41. Send the Little ones postcards (Faith, Jayde… ect… Emily once she understands what it is)
42. Go camping for real.
43. Let myself let go of certian things in the past that I can’t do anything about. And learn to move forward. (4-1-09) working on getting rid of my myspace acct. I did get rid of myspace. I feel SOOO much better. I got rid of the guy as well! lol. Dang it he keeps popping up… : ( Moved on… woohoo…
44. Use my Yoga DVD that I only used once sometime last year.
45. Go ghost hunting.
46. Go to KiteFest and fly an awesome kite. missed it. Dont think I will have a chance again. Might just plan my own kite fest for back in iowa! AHHH I found one, it was beautiful. Sept 13th
47. Go to a figure drawing session. Hey… I did this last tuesday!
48. Spin my own yarn.
49. Experiment in yarn choices… branch out to the pricy stuff. Bought pricy stuff… now just to work with it!
50. Update my computing. I want a mic, a sound mixer and a video editing suite. (got a mic)
51. Make/get business cards. Got em in June!
52. Leave notes in random books. Bookstore or library.
53. Have enough work in either photography or fiber work to have a gallery show.
54. Learn to ‘at home’ screen print.
55. Get back into a darkroom.
56. Do some origami. (0/10)
57. Go to the Domes in Milwaukee.
58. Go the the Milwaukee County Zoo. (5-10-09 with aaron and crew) (5$)
59. minus 10
60. minus 20
61. minus 30
62. minus 40.
63. minus 50.
64. 2 craft fairs (2/2) I wasnt personally there for both of them due to the day job, but my aunt and friend sold on my behalf at 2 different fairs
65. If the stuff dosen’t sell after the second fair, donate it!
66. Get a passport. (not without a reason…)
67. Work at SummerFest (any of the summer festivals) Applied 2-23-09 to work the festival grounds…. eep!) 4-10-09 Have an interview for upcoming monday!!! Interview was successful… I hadnt heard from them so I gave them a call today ((4-24-09) and they said that the letters were sent out on monday and that I was asked to work for them… If I dont have that letter by monday I should call and we will go from there. They didnt have my apt # on file… that might have been the issue. Paperwork is all signed…. Looking now for the orientation information. All that I have left is to actually work it. Lets just hope they dont cancel it due to Swine Flu. That would suck! Orientated… start June 24th!Completed! It was alot of work.
68. Update my licence and plates to WI. (nah. No thanks…)
69. Try Skittles infused Vodka.
70. Host a theme party.
71. Get a manicure. Got one at aveda awhile ago.
72. Work at gettin the hula hoop down. (up?)
73. Do the photoshoot that Dani wanted me to take of her.
74. See Fall Out Boy in May …(2-27-09.. fob in mke is sold out) and then at least one other concert (2/2) Didnt see them in may, but i will see them in AUG!!!!! with panic at the disco and blink 182 Saw them!!! it was awesome!!! Wilco in oct!
75. Get some magnetic poetry. Meghan got some, but i will supplement that sometime..
76. Take the train somewhere.
77. Check out the Kettle Moraine area, camera in hand, in the fall.
78. Make a thumb piano.
79. Tarot more than once a year. Check!
80. Make 10 mixed cds for 10 different people (1/10) (any takers?) Heather
81. Make sidetables out of ‘vintage’ suitcases. Bought a suitcase
82. Put a funky color (blue?!) in my hair. (Complete!!! Blonde, then Purple and then Blue!!! ) 5$ and pink
83. Get a Blender (got one!)
84. Send random care/gift packages to friends/family (0/5)
85. Do something with all the beads that I have. Gave them to Skylar
86. Go on a picnic. Went with jack and emily mini picknic at eagle point ❤
87. Arrange for the recycling thing at my apt. Moved, dont need to
88. Collect my change in my jar and when it is full, put into special ‘rainy day’ acct. Collecting! in a HUGE jar that my Grandpa Jack used to put the wine he made into
89. Go to a pumpkin patch. kinda did… but didnt look at pumpkins….
90. Play in the rain.
91. Clean/ organize room as many times as needed. (1)
92. Make 4 scarves for the Knit your Bit campaign. (0/4)
93. Improve Juggling ability.
94.Read 5 books from the Banned list. http://title.forbiddenlibrary.com/ (0/5)
95. Finish moms shawl for mothers day. (Didnt finish for mothers day, but we werent home for mothers day… we will celebrate it at the end of may and I will have it done by then… ) ( meh… 2.50)
96. Go to a game of a relative (soccer, football, little league…) My cousins Michael and Ethan had a game I went to this past weekend (7-10-09)
97. Create and share 10 playlists that express certian emotions. (0/10)
98. Get a new purse. Got 2, one from target, and one from a thrift store
99. Get a psychic reading. (not going by myself tho…)
100. Make a true blue new friend. …. stephanie, Jade and Jessica are getting up there <3, KENZIE!!!
101. Make a new list for the next 1001 days.
alrighty. thats it. wish me luck.
days one and two
So already I have to kind of edit one of my numbers…
29. Continue to win peoples choice contests at work ( 2 to complete task) (1/2)
We are no longer doing peoples choice incentives, so now I just have to excel in other ways. Im already on my way. I have been selected (although not first pick) to be one of the ones that takes on extra work in learning the special set that is done for high schoolers in march. YAY.